One frustrating issue with your computer is when there is a blank blue screen. We'll show you how to fix this issue and get your Windows PC back up and running in no time.
The Windows 10 Blank Blue Screen error is a widespread issue that affects many systems. It is caused by the failure of a graphics driver (related to your hardware) and has been around since Windows Vista. In some cases, you can still see your cursor; in other cases, not even that.
This article will help you troubleshoot the problem and get your system back up and running.
How Do I Fix a Blank Blue Screen?
Try the following troubleshooting steps to solve it:
- Press the power button once (do not keep on pressing, make sure to press it once really fast).
- If the blank screen error happens after that you signed in on your Windows computer, press Ctrl+L -> Sing In -> Ctrl+Shift+Esc -> from the Task Manager program, click File -> Run new task -> type "explorer.exe" and click Ok.
- When you boot your Windows 10 computer, immediately restart it.
- Unplug your external monitor and plug it in again.
- If plugged, unplug your printer.
- Try clicking random keys on your keyboard. (Yes, for real!)
- Boot your PC in safe mode, and if it works, you may have to restore your Windows 10 PC due to an issue with outdated drivers, which display just a blue screen on the startup. The next time, make sure to update your drivers! But you can also try the following:
- Reboot Windows 10 in Safe Mode -> From Windows search type "Device Manager" -> Expand "Display Adapters" -> Right-click the item inside it and click Properties -> Click the "Driver" tab -> Click "Roll Back Driver" -> Restart your computer.
- If none of the above steps works, you may have to restore your Windows 10 PC completely.
Why Is My Computer Showing a Blank Blue Screen?
A blank blue screen can be caused by an issue with the graphics card on your computer. Suppose the above solutions do not solve your problem; in that case, you will need to replace your GPU before you can continue using your computer.
What Can Cause a Random Blue Screen?
A blue screen is an error screen that appears on Windows operating systems. Many different things can cause it, but the most common causes are hardware problems and system file corruption.
There are many ways to tell if your blue screen is caused by hardware or software problems. If you’re on a laptop, it may be because of a faulty battery or overheating. If you’re on your desktop, it may be because of overheating or a faulty graphics card.
The following are some of the more common causes of a blue screen:
- It is overheating due to poor airflow.
- Graphics card problems.
- Battery power problems on laptops.
- Hardware problems such as faulty RAM or hard drives.
- System file corruption caused by malicious software, hardware failures, or system crashes.